3. What services will continue
According to the 2013 article
- Social security beneficiaries will continue receiving checks.
- The U.S. Postal Service will keep delivering mail.
- Active military will continue serving.
- Air traffic controllers, prison guards and border patrol agents will remain on the job.
- NASA Mission Control will continue supporting astronauts serving on the Space Station.
This is good news for those in these positions, but there are other people, even veterans that will have delays in their payment. Not only that, National Parks will be closed many staffers that aren’t essential will be sent home and of course, those given protection under DACA will be forced to live in fear of deportation for something not of their own doing.
Of course not all of these immigrants are the smiling innocent children that the media tries to sell you on when passing these type of bills, but there are still of a lot of them that are just kids and not here of their own will. With that being said, the legislation also protects people up to the age of 31, which is probably one of the parameters that the government needs to look at shortening a bit.